Suggest remedy for pain in ribs
I am 27 year old female.
I have pain on right side where the ribs end.
the pain there from back to front.
it pains when I sneeze, yawn, take hiccups.
investigation is required
pain on this location can be caused by various conditions. I'll mention some...
- muscular pain probably related to previous physical activity
- pleural irritation (pneumonia, pleuritis)
- kidney infection or obstruction
- gallbladder inflammation
- liver related pain (hepatitis, acute injury, etc)
Some important points to note: most infections cause high fever - some of the with rigor.
If you get hiccups all too often then irritation of the diaphragm has to be suspected and appropriate radiological investigation done.
So, clinical examination by your doctor, a chest X-ray, an ultrasound scan of the area (liver, gallbladder, kidney, ureter), a urinalysis, oxygen saturation and a d-dimers test will probably exclude most serious causes.
In most cases in young and otherwise healthy individuals no serious cause is identified and such aches can be managed conservatively with pain-killers. The investigation has to precede treatment decisions though!
I hope you find my comments helpful!
You can contact me again, if you'd like any clarification or further information.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for back and ribs pain
- Suggest remedy for child with severe pain in ribs
- Pain in lower rib area when touched suggestions
- Remedy for pain below ribs when sneezing or coughing
- Suggest treatment for rib fracture pain
- Suggest treatment for pain in rib cage
- What is the remedy for severe pain in rib cage
- Have back pain and congestion in ribs suggestion
- Suggest treatment for pain in ribs
- Constant pain in area below the ribs please suggest
- Suggest treatment for splenic cyst
- What causes dry throat?
- What causes itching in breast?
- What causes chest pain and heart burn?
- Suggest treatment for pain in heels
- Can i take Paxil along with Clonidine?
- Suggest ways to manage diabetes
- Does taking Plaquinel for lupus affect the memory?
- What does an enlarged lymph node on neck indicate?
- Is infection possible by touching a dead bird despite using a disinfectant?