Suggest remedy for pain in neck and lower back area

Dr. Noble Zachariah

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Back Pain
Question: major lower back pain, tweeked it last week, but also pain in hips and felt issues in testicles yesterday also... Never had any back issues, wondering if this could be something else... have Stenosis in my neck also... very painful., where should i go to see someone?

what kind of remedies should i look for?
are their muscle relaxers???

Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be pinched nerves

Detailed Answer:
Welcome and thanks for your query.
Your symptoms are due to pinched nerves most often due to prolapsed discs.
You could consult an orthopedic doctor or an internist. A MRI of the spine would confirm the diagnosis.
You can be prescribed Gabapentin in addition to muscle relaxant and antiinflammatory analgesic for relief.
Follow up: Dr. Noble Zachariah 25 hours later
is there an above the counter anti-inflammatory??? and also a muscle relaxant??? Who can presribe me Gabapetin???
pinched nerves with Stnosis, seems possible.. what would an mri cost
Brief Answer:
Welcome back.

Detailed Answer:

Ibuprofen is an anti inflammatory medicine available OTC, Relaxon or Muscadol are OTC muscle relaxants.
Gabapentin can be prescribed by Internists, Neurologists and Orthopedic surgeons . In some countries GPs are also allowed to prescribe.
MRI cost varies from place to place and also in different institutions in the same place.
In my hospital the cost is USD 400.
Best wishes,