Suggest remedy for pain in foot

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I had a corn in my right foot which has fallen , however am continue to have pain in the same area. i.e. the old skin a coin size has comes along with the plaster 2 weeks ago . Even I have changed my shoes but continue to hv a pain or discomfort while walking with shoes/ also bare foot. should I take any ointment/cream. Could suggest any such for get read of this persisting problem for quite sometime
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Kindly send pictures of the affected area

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum.

I can understand your concern for the pain and discomfort at the corn area.

In view to help you best I request you to kindly upload few good resolution pictures of the affected area of corn so that I can guide you best. For that you have a feature on the right side of the page.

Hope to hear soon from your side.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kanodia
MD-DERMATOLOGY & Sexually transmitted diseases.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari
Follow up: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 6 hours later
Hello Doctor,

I have uploaded the photo, thanks for guiding how to upload the photo.

uploaded two don't know how many you will be able to see.

Thanks

Muthukumar.K
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Paring and application of proper cauterizing agent

Detailed Answer:
Hello young fellow,

Thanks for your follow up and sending the pictures so that I can guide you better.

After analyzing the pictures I can get that the area is bit swollen due to which you have persistent pain on walking or other wise also on bare foot conditions.

To tell you simply- all the corn tapes contains cauterizing agents such as salicylic acid or related thing. These agents actually cause peeling of skin and when applied for longer time penetrates inside to cause swelling of the area. This causes bit pain which is variable according to the depth of the corn.

In yourself I can make out that the pain is preset during walking with shoes or on bare foot indicating bit deep nature of corn. In such a cases there is no medication or cream which works well.

I prefer to do paring(sliced removal of skin) of the extra dead skin which is causing pressure symptoms and then application of higher cauterizing agent. On regular paring and application of proper cauterizing agent the area gets completely alright.

I suggest you to meet a proper dermatologist and ask him/her to do pairing and then application of chemical agent subsequently to cauterize the area.

I further suggest you to not apply corn tape any further as can cause unnecessary swelling which can cause more pain or infection.

Till the time you meet a dermatologist, you can do compression and soaking of feet in warm water bucket with pinch of salt in it. This will relax the area and reduce the swelling.

I hope this information will help you. I will be glad to guide you any further.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay