Suggest remedy for pain in chest and difficulty breathing at night

Posted on Tue, 7 Jul 2015 in Cancer
Question: Dear doctor,

I'm a 49 year old female.

It's been a few years. It started about 3 years ago. One morning when I woke and took my first deep breath in, my chest had one sound, as if the air I breathed in cleared up a sand that landed on the way of my breath. In time, the one sand became a few, and now it is an area. It used to be just that one deep breath in the morning then the rest of the whole day is fine.

Now it's whenever I lie down for a little while and take a deep breath. Sometimes in the morning I feel like to cough too, especially recently.

Also, last year one night (3am) my lower chest hurt so much and I coughed so much that I almost decided to go to the emergency room.

In the past few days, my throat feel a little pain.

During the day, I also feel some random pain in my left or right chest when I breath out. Sometimes I feel pain in the center of my chest right next to my left breast, sometimes the pain is under my left or right breast.

My family doctor has taken pictures a few times but couldn't see anything. She thinks I don't have any problem. Each time I was happy to hear that. But at the same time, I know my symptom is developing. Is there any doctor who know about this?

Thank you so much for your time!

XXXXXXX
I checked on this website. It seems there are a few people have the exact symptoms some posted 2011 some even 2006. So I'm not the only one. But nobody came back to give an answer. Hope that is not a bad sign. Here is the link to the site:
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Respiratory-Disorders/Weezing-Upon-Waking-Up/show/0000
Answered by Dr. Monish De 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
CT scan of chest

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I have gone through your history and link to the site

Your symptoms suggest you are having some infection in the lungs

I would advise you to do a CT scan of chest with contrast to to rule out any infection or space occupying lesion in your lungs causing your symptoms

DR DE
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Dr. Monish De

Oncologist