Suggest remedy for pain during intercourse

Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Sexual Health
Question: Hello I got married and we are trying for children. I'm not able to insert pennis fully in to my partners vagina able to insert till half of my pennis and its paining for both of us during this activity and my sperm releases quickly before inserting fully.does it causes any problem in my partner conceiving?and does it Sounds like a problem with me or is this common? Pls advise
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
See a gynecologist to make sure there is not a structural problem .

Detailed Answer:
I am sorry to hear about this difficulty.

There are a few problems here, so I will address them individually.

Women can conceive when the penis is only partially in the vagina, but your sexual experience is not ideal.

It is not normal to not be able to insert the penis fully into the vagina or for it to give you both pain. If you are newly married and your wife was a virgin, it is possible that she has a hymen (tissue at opening of vagina) that remains and is only allowing partial entry into vagina. I would advise she see a gynecologist to assess if there is a problem, and the gynecologist can remove a partially imperforate or septate hymen. The other problem may be that she is not fully relaxed and so the muscles around the vagina are limiting entry. To help this, try to have longer foreplay, and only begin intercourse when she feels she is very ready, and have her guide the penis in.

About ejaculating earlier than you want to, a treatment for this is called "squeeze-pause" techinique. When you feel near ready to ejaculate, stop sexual activity and have your wife squeeze your penis between the head and shaft with her fingers for several seconds until you feel the urge to ejaculate stop. Then continue activity again and repeat. In this way you can learn to control when you ejaculate.

If having problems both with intercourse and premature ejaculation, for a few weeks, do not have intercourse but engage in other sexual activity such as mutual masturbation of each other. This will take away some of the psychological pressure of having to perform, and will help with premature ejaculation as you can practice the squeeze-pause technique during this time.

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if I can provide further information or clarification.
Follow up: Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 1 hour later
Thanks Doctor for your response. Also I have another question for you. If I do gym and exercises when trying for children will it affect or can I continue doing gym. And when I'm performing intercourse my Sprem releases soon without inserting fully. Pls advise
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Gym will not effect your ability.

Detailed Answer:
It is fine to exercise - it will not affect your sperm count and your wife's ability to conceive.

You describe that sperm releases too soon - this is called premature ejaculation. The squeeze-pause technique I wrote about above will help this resolve. Practice this technique of a few weeks and you will be able to control your ejaculations. Also try sexual activity that does not involve intercourse, for awhile, so you and your wife can get used to sex in a more relaxed way without the pressure of performing intercourse.

By the way, best time for conception to occur is around ovulation. If your wife has a 28 day cycle, she is most fertile around day 14. That is if you count the first day of her menstrual period as Day 1.