Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

180 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest remedy for pain during intercourse

Answered by
Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :1991

Answered : 3132 Questions

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Sexual Health
Question: Hello I got married and we are trying for children. I'm not able to insert pennis fully in to my partners vagina able to insert till half of my pennis and its paining for both of us during this activity and my sperm releases quickly before inserting fully.does it causes any problem in my partner conceiving?and does it Sounds like a problem with me or is this common? Pls advise
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
See a gynecologist to make sure there is not a structural problem .

Detailed Answer:
I am sorry to hear about this difficulty.

There are a few problems here, so I will address them individually.

Women can conceive when the penis is only partially in the vagina, but your sexual experience is not ideal.

It is not normal to not be able to insert the penis fully into the vagina or for it to give you both pain. If you are newly married and your wife was a virgin, it is possible that she has a hymen (tissue at opening of vagina) that remains and is only allowing partial entry into vagina. I would advise she see a gynecologist to assess if there is a problem, and the gynecologist can remove a partially imperforate or septate hymen. The other problem may be that she is not fully relaxed and so the muscles around the vagina are limiting entry. To help this, try to have longer foreplay, and only begin intercourse when she feels she is very ready, and have her guide the penis in.

About ejaculating earlier than you want to, a treatment for this is called "squeeze-pause" techinique. When you feel near ready to ejaculate, stop sexual activity and have your wife squeeze your penis between the head and shaft with her fingers for several seconds until you feel the urge to ejaculate stop. Then continue activity again and repeat. In this way you can learn to control when you ejaculate.

If having problems both with intercourse and premature ejaculation, for a few weeks, do not have intercourse but engage in other sexual activity such as mutual masturbation of each other. This will take away some of the psychological pressure of having to perform, and will help with premature ejaculation as you can practice the squeeze-pause technique during this time.

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if I can provide further information or clarification.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 1 hour later
Thanks Doctor for your response. Also I have another question for you. If I do gym and exercises when trying for children will it affect or can I continue doing gym. And when I'm performing intercourse my Sprem releases soon without inserting fully. Pls advise
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Gym will not effect your ability.

Detailed Answer:
It is fine to exercise - it will not affect your sperm count and your wife's ability to conceive.

You describe that sperm releases too soon - this is called premature ejaculation. The squeeze-pause technique I wrote about above will help this resolve. Practice this technique of a few weeks and you will be able to control your ejaculations. Also try sexual activity that does not involve intercourse, for awhile, so you and your wife can get used to sex in a more relaxed way without the pressure of performing intercourse.

By the way, best time for conception to occur is around ovulation. If your wife has a 28 day cycle, she is most fertile around day 14. That is if you count the first day of her menstrual period as Day 1.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Hymen

doctor1 MD you think i lost my virginity or my hymen is still intact.?i was fingered with somebody twice,and am not so sure if my hymen still intact or am still virgin,,,,?i felt pain the first time ,the second time still pain but no blood come out in the first time,the second itme am not so sure , beacause that time my 4 days of menstuation .how do know if am still virgin?help me please..

doctor1 MD

Hey I m medical student and I am worried about my hymen , that is what I see during inspection of it , there is a flesh surrounding the vaginal opening ,its circular and smooth from all edges except the upper most at 12 o clock it seems like to be bifid ,I don t know if it is the normal shape of hymen or what ,the vaginal opening likes an inverted triangle and its width about 2 or 3 mm , is my hymen intact or what ?

doctor1 MD

Hi, my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex but he didn t ejaculate inside me. Also, he penetrated but not so deep so my hymen didn t break. I was scared and we stopped. But after some research, I found out that there are possibilities of getting pregnant without breaking the hymen. As a precaution, I took Nordette as an ECP, as there s none sold here in the Philippines. I took my first 4 pills on June 1, 2:30PM, 29hrs after the deed, and took my second dose of 4 pills on June 2, 2:30AM. It s been 4 days since the last intake and I have only experienced slight nausea for a short period of time after the 2nd dose. There is still no withdrawal bleeding and I m afraid that the pill isn t working on me. I also have an irregular period and I ve been delayed for almost 3 months before the said intercourse. How will I now that Nordette is working? What will I next do if I don t bleed within the next week? Thanks!

doctor1 MD

I got married last year. My wife & I are having sex regularly. During a recent gynac visit the Doctor said that still the hymen is intact in her. I need to enter more deep & break it as soon as possible. Is that right? But all these days we had enjoyed our sexual act (both of us). I have good erection all times. Is is really required to break it?

doctor1 MD

After my first time sex i ve had tick periods thats are redish or brownish is this okay??

doctor1 MD

Can a guy bleed inside a girl? And does a guy have to have go all the way to the hymen to consider having actual sex

doctor1 MD

Hello, If a rape incident took place of a married female victim almost 2 months ago then is there a way to conduct a medical examination, gather medical evidence / proof even if almost two months have passed by. What tests are involved? Thanks for...