Suggest remedy for pain due to bowel prolapse

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: Waiting for a prolapse bowel op,supposed to have it done in feb this year but cannot do as blood pressure was up,but the other night was in pain pain on the right side feels like something is bulling there.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can doctors get serious about your Blood pressure?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this prolapse that you have and the inability to get the planned surgery because of high blood pressure. Increased blood pressure is not good going into surgery but this alone cannot delay surgery by up to 4months. Your doctors need to be serious and aggressive towards obtaining the desired blood pressure before your planned surgery can be undertaken. With good drugs 1-2weeks is enough to get the reading to an acceptable figure that would have minimal impact on surgery and its outcome.

Your symptoms remind us of the need to get the surgical correction done soon so as to prevent similar occurrences Ask your doctor what the limiting factor is as this seems unlikely to be blood pressure and no one has been able to do something in the past 5months. I have a strong feeling that there are other reasons unknown to you that must be making this surgery not possible at this time beside the increased blood pressure.

I hope you find this helpful. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.