Suggest remedy for pain and redness on earlobe caused by an infection
add another painkiller and there is need to change the antibiotics
I appreciate your health concerns
Is it right lobe or left one? Any redness and puss? Do you have any discharge from ear ? Any throat infection with it? Any fever? Any history of trauma to ear or sting bite?
It would be better if you send me the picture of affected ear so that it can be appropriately correlated.
If I am your attending physician I will definitely opt from penicillin group like augmentin etc or from cephalosporin group like cephaclor for you. I don't think clindamycin is appropriate for it. Therefore please get back to the hospital / treating doctor / ER.
Meanwhile stay calm and you can add other painkillers like mefanamic acid or piroxicam if they are available over the counter to relieve pain and inflammation..
Get well soon
Dr Saad XXXXXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Dry cough no fever earlobe pain suggestions
- What is the remedy for swollen and painful earlobe
- What causes red spot on earlobe
- Infected earlobe smells fishy
- Red painful lump between crease earlobe
- Throbbing ear pain from infected earlobe
- Swollen earlobe ear infection
- Stretched ears earlobes have become red painful and swollen infection
- Pain below earlobe swollen recovering from ear infection
- Behind earlobe infection