Suggest remedy for pain after spine surgery
It seems that there is some fluid collection inside, it can be infected.
Thank you for the query.
Is the pain localized to the wound or it can be sensed deeper? Does she have any spine pains?
This wound looks like there is some fluid collection inside. It might be infected. Typical wound infection symptoms are redness, pain and fever. It should be also warmer than the rest of the body.
The reason for fluid collection is usually bleeding caused by surgery. Such bleeding could appear right after the surgery so the fluid could be there for 3 weeks. It is also possible that the stitches are getting rejected from the wound.
I suggest her to visit a doctor. Soft tissues ultrasound should be done to see if there is any fluid. If so, the fluid should be drained and antibiotics given.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Delayed symptom after spine surgery
- Pain after c spine surgery in bisceps
- Suggest treatment for weak quadriceps after a cervical spine surgery
- Frequent urination after spine surgery
- Coding spine surgery
- Anemia after spine surgery
- Diarrhea after spine surgery
- Tranexamic acid spine surgery
- High blood pressure after cervical spine surgery
- Hematoma after spine surgery