Suggest remedy for night sweats

Dr. Sheetal Verma

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Posted on Fri, 16 Oct 2015 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Yes i have been having night time sweats for three days now . My head and hair are usually the only thing sweated . I had un protected sex a two weeks ago one time . No other symtpoms except sweaty head . If i sleep witn light sheet it goes away .
Answered by Dr. Sheetal Verma 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You will have to take tests for HIV.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for your query at HCM.
I understand your concern and situation.

As per your history we cannot make any conclusive viral infection diagnosis at present. But yes I would suggest you to take HIV PCR test after 5-6 weeks. Then you must take HIV 4 th generation ELISA test after 12 weeks which will be more conclusive. The symptoms associated with HIV acute retroviral syndrome become manifest 2-3 weeks after HIV primary infection. But nothing can be conclusive until test results.

Hope I answered your query
Dr Sheetal Verma
Follow up: Dr. Sheetal Verma 32 minutes later
Yes you have but i guess my question is can nigh sweats be the only symptom ??? I was reading o. The internet that usually night sweats by hiv are caused by breaking of a fever .
Answered by Dr. Sheetal Verma 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No only night sweats indicate no disease.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

No night sweats cannot be the only symptoms of any infection and no diagnosis can be made on it. But yes we will have to wait and see if you develop fever. Whether fever develops or not you must get tested. It is very much possible that you could be in incubation period of certain common respiratory viral infection. Take plenty of rest and drink plenty of water. Stay in follow up.

Best of health