question-icon

Suggest remedy for nausea and weakness post antibiotics intake

Posted on Wed, 2 Dec 2015
Question: Hi. I've been prescribed Cipro and Flagel for a bout of diverticulosis-having an incredibly strong reaction to the antibiotics, constant nausea, lack of energy, sensitivity to social interaction, sensation of an elephant sitting on my stomach; in other words, I just want to sleep all day.
I did have a colonoscopy about four years ago in which I was first diagnosed with the diverticulosis.
Question: I have about three more days on the antibiotics. Can't I just sleep until I finish taking them?
Thank you. xxxxxxx
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah (2 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Completing it is very important!

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about the terrible side effects you have reported. These are typical of cipro and flagyl. However, the benefits we stand to gain are enormous and I will encourage you to manage and complete this treatment. Three days are the lesser part and if sleeping makes you feel a lot better and able to complete the treatment, I will strongly recommend you do so. Drinking much water and eating fruits often helps with it.

I hope this helps. I wish you well and thanks for using our services. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah (24 minutes later)
Thank you Dr. Ditah: bed, here I come.
xxxxxxx
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah (9 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Keep me posted!

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Keep me posted with your progress. I really want to know how you are doing.

I wish you well.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah