Suggest remedy for muscular spasms in the rib cage area

Dr. Muhammad Hanif

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Felt some pain on my right ribs while I was trying to manually tighten a screw with a screwdriver. I put ice over the injured area . It's almost a week and I still feel some pain on my right ribs . I feel some pain when trying to lie in bed, raising my right arm and some activity.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Hanif 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Muscular spasm; needs urgent treatment as described.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for consulting at my virtual clinic. I have carefully worked through your case, and I can realize your health worries. Being your physician, I assure you not to worry as I will take care all of your medical concerns.

Probable cause:-
It is due to the muscular spasm due to the stretch on the muscles of chest. The sprain is treatable and will go away with proper care.

Management:-
You need to apply Bengay Ultrastretch ointment and gently massage on the area of pain.
Apply ThermaCare HeatWrap all over the painful areas. It provides a very soothing effect and gives symptom relief in no time.
Take Ibuprofen three times a day to relieve pain and inflammation.
Surbex-z is multivitamin to be taken by mouth daily.
Take plenty of water to get better hydration.
Vegetables fruits and salads are good for you.
You need protein diet for fast recovery and Salmon and organic eggs are the best option.
Apply Heat Pad (or best option is heat blanket to wrap around the chest--available easily from Target). Don't apply ice on the area.
Avoid lifting heavy objects and give rest to the muscles.
Weather has changed in your area, so when going out, cover yourself properly to avoid more severe pain.
You will be fine soon with this treatment.

Hope I answered all of your health concerns . If you have further questions, feel free to contact me anytime. Always write my name in start of your question in future, and I will get back to you in no time. If satisfied, please give your generous 'five Star rating' and don't forget to 'Close the discussion'.

Have a wonderful time ahead.

Best Regards!
DR. HANIF
PA USA

Click the link to open my profile. Click 'Ask Me a Question' anytime for super fast expert medical help!!!
https://www.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-muhammad-hanif/70199

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T