Suggest remedy for muscle twitching

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 9 Nov 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have muscle twitching in my upper arm and forearm accompanied by a weakness feeling in the arm and hand.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nerve root compression likely.

Detailed Answer:
The twitching and weakness in the arm is likely to be due to a nerve related cause. This can happen due to a mild nerve root compression due to degenerative changes in the cervical spine.
You need an MRI scan of cervical spine to find out the level of nerve compression.
Taking methylcobalamin supplements and oral muscle relaxants will help.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal