Suggest remedy for muscle twitching in shoulder and chest

Dr. Neeraj Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hi

I get a lot of muscle twitching in my shoulder abd chest there is no pain and the twitching is felt for a few seconds?

Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Get some investigations and visit a neurologist for detailed examination

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Muscle twitching may be due to stress, thyroid disorder, motor neuron disease, neuromyotonia or some rare causes.
Is there any weakness or wasting in involved region. Any twitching in lower limbs.
Any neck pain, bladder bowel complains any sensory loss.
Duration of your complains.
You should get some routine investigations done like thyroid profile, vitamin D3 levels, calcium, phospahte, alkaline phosphate, urea, creatinine, liver function test.
You need to visit a neurologist who can examine you and decide about need for nerve conduction studies , EMG or neuroimaging of spine.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Neeraj Kumar
Neurologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D