Suggest remedy for muscle spasms when on Wellbutrin
Agomelatin would not cause much spasms
Hello thanks for asking from HCM for your health related queries
I can understand your concern. A lot of drugs can increase muscle spasms in patients of Cerebral Palsy. If we consider anti-depressants then SSRIs are considered as safe for spasms but you have developed spasm with that medicines also. Wellbutrin is known to aggravate spasticity so there is not use in taking that drug more.
Medicines like Agomelatin can be used in your case as it would be safe in spasticity. A lot of studies has found it to be safe antidepressant drug though in practical use it is not efficacious as other SSRIs.
Newer anti depressants like Vortioxetine can also be tried. The drug is a serotonergic drug with actions different than SSRIs. This is not known to cause much spasticity though much studies are lacking. The drug should be started with low doses.
Apart from this start supplements containing B12 vitamin and Omega-3-Fatty Acids along with your medicines. These supplements will supplement the action of anti-depressants and would not cause spasms.
Consult your psychiatrist for these medicines and take the drugs with proper prescription only.
Thanks, hope this helps you. Ask again for more doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Eardrum muscle spasm when burping
- Muscle spasms in legs remedy
- Muscle spasms in back when pregnant
- Lordosis is abnormal suggesting muscle spasm
- Home remedies for colon muscle spasms
- Muscle spasm when wearing glasses
- Straightening suggesting muscle spasm
- What is the remedy for muscle spasms
- Suggest treatment for pain due to muscle spasms
- Neck muscle spasms when hungry