Suggest remedy for motion sickness and headache

Dr. Ishu Bishnoi

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Headache and Migraines
Question: I feel pukish when I am sitting in a cab during a hot day. The bright sunlight makes it worse. Is there a way to ease the headache and reduce the pukish feeling?
Answered by Dr. Ishu Bishnoi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Treatment of nausea

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for asking from HCM.

I can understand your concern. Bright sunlight can cause headache and nausea by causing eye muscle spasm. Nauseating feeling occurs as a result of headache.

For treatment, you can follow few tips

: Always use sunglasses whenever going in sunlight
: Avoid reading in running vehicle
: Always travel with water bottle and maintain hydration. Dehydration is also a common cause of headache.
: You can ask for car/taxi airconditioner use and keep environment cool in taxi. Excessive heat can induce headache
: I do not know whether you have complain of motion sickness. It can cause dizziness, nausea, vomiting due to motion (travelling/riding). It can be treated by antihistaminics with vestibular inhibitory mechanism.
: You can take tab Pantoprazole-Domperidone after proper prescription.

Hope it will help you. Still no relief, you can consult doctor.

Thanks. take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak