Suggest remedy for lupus nephritis

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Posted on Thu, 5 Nov 2015 in Lupus
Question: dear dr Naval

thanks for the follow up. I got bit delayed answering you. As you remember the protien-creatinine ratio was 700 when I reported ulast. About a week back we checked again and we found it was 385. Do you think this is a normal improvement or a miraculous fast one? Our nephro has reduced it to 20 mg steroid. he had asked us to again get the test done after 2 weeks for further reduction.
Answered by Dr. Naval Mendiratta 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Lupus Nephritis

Detailed Answer:
Good evening xxxxx

Well, good to know the improvement is significant. I think it is both the steroid dose and increasing the dose of Mycophenolate which is working. I just feel he wasnt being adequately treated till now, with rapid tapering of steroids which did not give chance to the medicines to heal the inflammation in the kidneys. Class III has a good prognosis and if treated properly can go back in remission.

That would be fair to repeat it after 2 weeks, but even if it is a bit slow dont worry about it. Protein leakage is the last thing to respond to it. You can ask your nephrologist when would be the best time to repeat Complement C3, C4, DsDNA and 24 hour urine protein as they would give us an exact picture of disease going in remission.

Do let me know for more queries. I am happy he is responding well. Kudos to you

REgards
Dr naval