Suggest remedy for lump in navel

Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil

Posted on Fri, 6 Nov 2015 in Lump
Question: I have a pea size lump to the left of my navel not sore just hard
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Biopsy should be done for the lump

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

Though physical examination of the lump can give clues towards the type of lump. The only way to determine its true nature would be a biopsy. The Lymph nodes elsewhere in the body should be thoroughly examined. The lump can be excised and sent for histopathology. An ultrasound of the abdomen and pelvis should be advised in consult with your doctor. It could be an infected cyst, an abscess, a staphylococcal boil or an enlarged peri umbilical lymph node. However the main concern is to rule out a malignant cause.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.

For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=68107

Dr. M.S. Khalil