Suggest remedy for lump at the site of Meth shot
Please give details and post actual photographs.
Thanks for your query and an elucidate history.
To recapitulate: Male/48 - missed shooting meth 3 weeks ago - hard lump at the injection site - you know that it is not an abscess or infection - on a very noticeable spot - wants to know whether can do to help speed the recovery...
Please give some additional information for me to assist you the best:
- What is the size (in mm) and site of the lump?
- What is the color of the skin above the lump?
- Is there any tenderness (pain on pressure)?
- Please post clear photographs, this helps for 'on-the-spot' diagnosis sometimes.
Please give feedback so that we can discuss further...
History of three weeks indicate that this may not be a hematoma as is the commonest cause. Extravasated meth may be the reason hence getting late to get cleared.
Awaiting for the feedback and photographs.
I just looked up "Extravasated" thank you for supplying a new word into my vocabulary. I do agree this is the cause I know for sure it is a miss and not blood. It feels like a cyst. I just want to get rid of it and I promise I won't do that anymore. Actually I say that every year. But I mean it this time.
As described below
Thanks for your feedback and the clear picture.
Skin above looks normal, the lump is in line with the vein, no pain and there is pressure when you engage the biceps.
This does not look like a hematoma, looks more like the part of the injection in this area and with the fibrosis that sets in as the body's normal reaction you have got this lump, not resolving in spite of more than 3 weeks.
Unfortunately, I can not palpate this, but you can. Please tell me if this can be easily moved in all direction and whether the skin above is freely XXXXXXX over the lump.
In some cases, oral steroids help to resolve such condition, but you need a prescription of a local Doctor.
I hope this answer helps you.
The skin above is freely XXXXXXX
Now that I've been playing with it and really scrutinizing it the lump is smaller than it was 3 weeks ago - I'd estimate it at 50% of the size.
Oral corticosteroids sound like overkill for my problem don't want to adversely affect my health.. Anything else I can do to help alleviate the fibrosis faster? Also I am reluctant to go to a local doctor as I don't have a real health concern about this and a bit worried to have this follow me around on my health records.
Multivitamins with Lycopene
Thanks for your feedback.
The restricted movements and with biceps as you have mentioned indicate again the same thing. Fibrosis around the lump.
I can understand your reluctance.
You may try Multivitamins with Lycopene. Has good results.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in foot from hip to toe
- Suggest treatment for gall bladder stones
- What causes pain and bleeding post rectocele repair surgery?
- Suggest treatment for gastritis
- What causes chest pain and abdominal pain?
- What does this ultrasonongraphy report indicate?
- What causes whitish color of outside of urethra?
- What causes skin growth on buttocks oozing pus?
- What does this EKG report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for darkened glans penis