Suggest remedy for lower back pain while sitting

Excellent

Question
Related to Lower back Pain - I am getting lower back pain when sitting and travelling in bus past from two days.
1. In sitting in floor also getting pain
2. Sitting in bed with backside pillow support get pain
3. but in office , sitting is chair no pain
4. if walks no pain
I Have acidity and obesity - due to this I am getting pain ?
Posted Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Ashwin Bhandari 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Might be Muscular spasm

Detailed Answer:

From the description you have provided, I feel that the back pain could be due to muscular spasms or trauma which you might have faced while travelling in Bus.
The pain you have gets relieved when you have a good posture along with back support like while sitting in the office.

Please follow these instructions to relieve back pain:
1. Maintain proper posture. Avoid sitting on the ground or against a wall without proper back support.
2. Apply hot fomentation like hot bag. Check the temperature before applying on the back to avoid any burns.
3. Apply analgesic sprays or gels like Volini.
4. Can take analgesics like Paracetamol or Ibuprofen for unbearable pain three times a day.
5. Muscle relaxants might be required if the pain doesn't reduce within a week.
6. Avoid stretching exercises, lifting heavy weights.
7. Avoid bending your back as much as possible.

I doubt that this pain could be due to acidity as the pain relieves on maintaining proper posture and support.

Hope this answers your query. If any further question will be happy to help you.

Regards.

Follow-up: Suggest remedy for lower back pain while sitting 2 days later
Thanks for your answer.

do I need to visit a doctor for acidity ? or any ortho specialist for once

Answered by Dr. Ashwin Bhandari 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi

Detailed Answer:

I don't feel that your back pain is due to acidity and if you have acidity problems then you can take Tab. Gelusil three to four times a day half an before food or whenever you sense heartburns.

For back ache, its more than 2 days now. The intensity of the pain should have reduced. If not, then please an Orthopedician.

Hope this answers your query.

If do not have any further questions, you can close this query and rate the answers.

Regards.