• question-icon

Suggest remedy for lower back pain and leakage from kidney

Posted on Wed, 1 Jun 2016 in Kidney Conditions
Question: Was in ER last night with severe lower back pain with leakage from the kidney
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I did not understand the part where you mentioned leakage from kidney?

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. Leakage from the kidney meaning there was something oozing out from the superficial skin over the region of the kidney?

+Was there blood, or pus, or something else that was probably from the kidney or the renal tract that was then seen in the urine?
+What were you diagnosed with ma'am?
+What was the treatment provided?

I am sorry I did not understand your query well enough, and need some more information on the same in order to help you further.

Best wishes.
Follow up: Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
The ER doctor asked if along with the pain had I peed or pooped myself. I told him no because I thought he meant had I made a big mess all over. However, I am leaking urine so much that I have to wear a pad and change that pad at least every hour. The pain is still there.
The only medication I got was steroids
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please do take time out to answer my questions ma'am

Detailed Answer:
Hello once again ma'am.

So the lower back pain along with leakage of urine could amount to some renal or urinary condition, which is why I would also like to ask a few more questions ma'am, this time, please do respond to each of them:

1. Do you have any burning sensation while urinating?
2. What is your usual fluid intake (in litres)?
3. Do you have increased frequency of urination?
4. Increased urge to urinate? But only a little amount comes each time you want to pass urine?
5. Fever?
6. Chills?
7. Blood in urine? Or changed colour of urine?

I look forward to hearing from you in order to help you further.

Best wishes.
Dr. Shoaib Khan