Suggest remedy for loose motion in child after having cow's milk

Dr. Muhammad Hanif

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: in addition to previous query of mine daughter, she had loose motion at 9pm after having cow milk.

please suggest further preventative action.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Hanif 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Stop giving her the cows milk and follow the instructions.

Detailed Answer:
Dr. Hanif warmly Welcomes you to my virtual clinic HCM!
I have carefully worked through your case, and can realize your health worries. Being your physician, I will take care all of your medical concerns.

Most of the babies get colic pains and disturbed stomach after introduction of the cows milk. She needs breastfeeding and waning. Waning means the start of the second food of baby. I usually recommend it after 6 months of age.

In the market you may get the second foods of babies. Similac, Gerber and other brands are available.

Instead of cows milk, give her Similac Advance Powdered milk in feeding bottle. You may combine it with mother's milk means that sometimes mother's milk and sometimes this similac.

Give her Pedialyte rehydration solution orally to get her rehydrated.

You were asking for preventive actions, so main prevention is to keep her away from cows milk. Others are to save her from dehydration. See if she is wetting her diapers well. If not, it means that she is getting dehydration and need more fluids.

For vomiting ask her physician for a prescription of Ondansetron oral.

This type of disease is usually self limiting and no need to worry. She will get better soon.

Have a wonderful time ahead. Hope I answered all of your questions. Let me know if you have any further clinical concerns or doubts. I will be more than happy to get back to you in no time. If satisfied here, please give a generous five star rating and don't forget to close the discussion.
For any disease you have, a timely follow-up after sometime regarding the treatment efficacy and to see any need to change the treatment options is very necessary. Keep a follow up some days after this visit session ends.

Regards!
DR. XXXXXXX HANIF
USA

Click the link to open my profile. Click 'Ask Me a Question' anytime for super fast expert medical help!!!
https://www.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-muhammad-hanif/70199

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar