Suggest remedy for lightheadedness and dizziness post candida cleanse

Dr. Chintan Solanki

Psychiatrist

Posted on Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Mental Health
Question: I have been experiencing light headedness and some dizziness. Today it got me worried and I worked myself into a very minor panic attack. Just sitting down and talking with my co-worker calmed me down. I have been doing a candida cleanse for a few days and had not had anything to eat or drink except black coffee for about 18 hours. I just ate and had some coconut water and I feel better, but I still have brain fog and some minor dizzy spells.
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Just relax, you will be ok soon

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

Thanks for using healthcaremagic.

I read that you have been doing a candida cleanse for a few days.
So I just want to know from your side," since how many days? Is your salt intake low? is it first attack?"

As during this diet schedule you may suffer from hyponatremia(low sodium level) or hypogycemia(low glucose) level which cause hypotension(low blood pressure) and cause symptoms you felt like panic attack.

As you told since last 18 hours not eat or drink, anything from above has happened. Your body will normally cause reflex and make your blood pressure normal.You feel some better after coconut water. So just take one pack of oral rehydration solution(ORS) and you will feel much better.

Hope I have answered your query, for other help late me know.

Dr. Chintan Solanki

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T