Suggest remedy for ligament instability

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: I wanted you to take a look at some testing that was ran and tell me what pyshical problems and limitations this person would experience in your medical opinion. This information has to be kept confidential.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
ligaments instability needs clinical correlation

Detailed Answer:
thank you for asking
i went through the labs and it seems like Patient is suffering form ligament laxity/subluxation in cervical region.this needs to be differentiated from potentially serious connective tissue disorders. In heritable connective tissue disorders associated with joint hypermobility (such as Marfan syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos syndrome types I-III, VII, and XI), It is indicated by abnormal lines evaluated in X-rays like George's line, which indicate status of ligaments.It indicates integrity of posterior longitudinal ligament and vertebral alignment.

Ligament laxity may be due to many reasons like trauma,connective tissue disorders etc or lifting a heavy weights etc or abnormal postures regarding sleeps etc.It is also causing translational restriction of cervical spine.
You need proper history taking a complete examination and a detailed clinical correlation.

Main goal will be to relieve pain and reduce inflammation.Any permanent neurological disability needs to be prevented.
physiotherapy, rest NSAIDs skeletal muscle relaxants like skelaxin tizanidine etc ,Isometric muscle strengthening and invasive procedure like spinal correction of subluxation are some options here.neurological manifestation needs to be assessed and managed accordingly.

Manual therapy techniques like soft-tissue massage, sustained or rhythmically applied muscle stretching,traction applied in the longitudinal axis of the spine and passive joint mobilization are some other options for the relief.

Transcutaneous nerve stimulation (TENS) and cryotherapy is also helpful for patient.
rest you shoud know that just one report can not be a complete platform for management. it needs a complete clinical correlation and management accordingly for better results.
take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
may the odds be ever in your favour.
regards XXXXXXX