Suggest remedy for leg cramps in an elderly person
Please see details
Thank You for contacting HCM. My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.
I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. Following measures will help in reducing the cramps;
- acetaminophen twice a day for 5 days.
- take hot water in a rubber bottle and put it at the site of cramps. It will give soothing effect.
- ask some family member to do oil massage on her leg. It will also give soothing effect.
Hopefully she will improvement in 2-3 days BUT if condition remains same or aggravates then she needs to visit hospital for further workup.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help if not then don't forget to close the discussion and rate it.
Wishing you good health !!
Electrolytes & muscular spasm
Thank you for the followup query.
There could be a number of causes. Most common include muscular spasm & electrolytes imbalance (specifically serum calcium levels).
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Leg cramps with leg cast
- Leg cramp indentation in leg
- Leg and leg cramps and fainting
- What is the remedy for chronic leg cramps
- Suggest home remedies for leg cramps at night
- Leg cramp remedies kidney infection
- Leg cramps and brusing on leg
- Leg cramps and tingling legs
- Amish remedy for leg cramps
- Suggest treatment for leg cramps at night