Suggest remedy for keloid development post melanoma treatment

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 29 Dec 2015 in Cancer
Question: Hi. I am a 56 year old female who was diagnosed this past XXXXXXX with melanoma stage 1 on my left ankle. I was successfully treated with a wide excision,, and everything seemed fine until this past week, when a lump under my skin about a couple of inches below the excision scar was noticed. The lump is about the size of a marble,firm, unmovable, and wasn't present a couple of weeks ago, when I had my 6 month cancer follow-up. I'm worried that the cancer has returned, but it's been only a short time since treatment, and the melanoma was caught at a very early stage. Should I be worried?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Photograph required

Detailed Answer:
Hello
There are chances of keloid development at the site of incision.
Keloid is thickening of skin at the site of injury or any surgery.
It might not be melanoma.
Can you please upload a photograph of the involved area.
This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis.
Waiting for your response.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad