Suggest remedy for itchy welts and bumps at the onset of menopause

Question
I am 48 yrs old and recently advised I was entering menopause. As recent as two weeks ago I began having welts and small bumps appear all over my body and itch like crazy. Why is this happening and what can I do to stop it?
Posted Sun, 10 Aug 2014 in Skin Rash

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Low estrogen could be the reason

Detailed Answer:

Low levels of estrogen in the menopause can result in such skin conditions. It can be presented as dryness, scaly and with minute pappules. The only and comforting remedy it to apply a Moisturizer to the affected skin.

You can also take vitamin E and Omega fatty acid supplements for a period of two to three months.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.