Suggest remedy for itchy skin during pregnancy
Get liver function test
Hi XXXXXXX I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Itching in third trimester of pregnancy may be due to obstetric cholestatis, viral hepatitis or can be due to physiological changes of skin in pregnancy (prurigo of pregnancy). In this case liver function test is done, if abnormal then viral marker for hepatitis B, C, E and ultrasound of the liver should be done.
In case of abnormal liver function tests and normal viral markers and ultrasound, the diagnosis is most probably obstetric cholestasis. For obstetric cholestasis, ursodeoxycolic acid is given as treatment.
I would therefore suggest you to consult an OBGYN specialist so that you can be properly examined, investigated and treated
Hope you found the answer helpful. Please do get back for further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr Deepti Verma.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Blackish itchy skin rash on leg suggestion
- Dry red and itchy skin around eye during pregnancy
- What is the remedy for itchy skin rash on body
- Bright orange urine and itchy skin pregnancy
- Any suggestion to treat itchy skin
- Suggest treatment for itchy skin
- Itchy skin during period
- Itchy skin during detox
- Suggest medication for itchy skin
- Is itchy skin a pregnancy symptom