Suggest remedy for itchy red rashes on skin
facts and symptoms
1. Asian lady mid 60s living in Shanghai China
2. Rosy red rashes appear on the skin and are very itchy
3. Diameter 10-13mm
4. Spots eventually turn dark and remain so indefinitely.
5. When spots turn dark, they no longer itch.
6. The decease persists since the summer.
7. I have a photo showing developing rosy spot next to already mature dark spots if you can receive it.
thank you for your help
Seems to be Actinic Keratosis or Seborrheic Keratoses
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through the images as well as the details provided by you. It seems that you are suffering from Actinic Keratosis or Seborrheic Keratoses. These occur primarily in increased age and due to exposure to sun. Usually it does not require any treatment but cauterization may be done if you feel it is severe. The only concern is that such skin lesions may predispose you to skin cancers and so I would advise you to remain under periodic follow up of a dermatologist.
Hope that helps
If you found my answer helpful, please close the thread with a positive review and a 5 star rating.
Dr. Kunal Saha
I really don't think that this is keratosis of any kind.
There is absolutely no keratoma, or any other kind of elevated or protruding skin structure or scab.
there is only a sub-dermal melanoma left after the red itching spot has matured.
the dark spots are then without any itching sensation, unless touched. if touched, they then start to itch but eventually stop again.
Please let me know your thoughts
A. Pierides PhD
The region needs to be examined manually
Thanks for writing back.
Although you say that it is not due to keratin deposition, I feel definite requirement to examine it in order to comment further. I would insist that you visit a dermatologist who could also exclude development of harmless Pityriasis rosea, certain precancerous lesions as well as conditions like Basal Cell Carcinoma (BCC). You need not panic. I am sure that you would feel relieved on hearing what the dermatologist says.
Dr. Kunal Saha
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Blackish itchy skin rash on leg suggestion
- Non itchy red skin rash
- Suggest treatment for recurrent itchy red skin rashes
- What is the remedy for itchy skin rash on body
- Small red itchy rashes appeared on skin suggest some medication
- Rash on feet itchy dry and red spreading suggestions
- Skin rashes on hands please suggest remedy
- Itchy red rash on skin graft
- Infant has itchy rashes on face suggest remedy
- Red itchy skin rash
- Can a combination of magnesium supplement and Atenolol cause dark urine?
- What causes one sided headaches?
- What causes intermittent pain in breasts?
- Suggest treatment for elevated levels of iron, and acid in stomach
- Suggest treatment for headache along with pain on left side of neck
- What causes viral throat infection, bacterial infection of ears, sinuses...
- What does my kidney ultrasound report indicate?
- How to keep blood cholesterol levels under control?
- What causes lumps all over body and numbness in legs?
- What causes pain in left jaw and upper abdomen?