Suggest remedy for itchy pimples on penis caused by genital herpes

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Tue, 3 Nov 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: First outbreak of genital herpes just over two weeks ago. (At least I assume so because my GF has it. )Since then the lesions have healed on my penis head but now the penis head feels dry, leathery, itchy and sore. There are also new itchy bumps forming down the shaft to the scrotum of my penis. I pop them and they heal. no pain just itchy. clear fluid comes out but they aren't like the ones that were on the head which took awhile to heal. Also my skin on my stomach and back and thighs have also gotten very itchy.

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Strongly recommend anti-viral medications for both of you

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. The best treatment advise for your right now would be anti-viral medication (e.g. acyclovir), which will help treat the sores, and the main condition itself.

I would not only recommend this for you but also for your GF, as you both need treatment before you can continue your sexual life. Please also visit a clinic first and get diagnosed, and then speak to your doctor to initiate treatment. Please also feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help.

Best wishes.
Follow up: Dr. Shoaib Khan 2 hours later
When you say main condition are there other possiblities for this as well?. If so what are they?
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Medication will treat symptoms as well as condition

Detailed Answer:
Hi sir.

What I meant by that statement was that the anti-viral medications will help the sores (which is a symptom), and also the condition causing the symptoms as well (most likely to be herpes).

There are a few conditions that may present with a few symptoms that might look like yours, but not so accurately. Along with this, the fact that your partner also has diagnosed herpes, makes herpes the most likely cause.

Hope this helps sir. Please do not hesitate to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.

Best wishes.