Suggest remedy for itchy discomfort on the penis

Posted on Sat, 6 Jun 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: hi. i am having itchiness and discomfort in my penis from few days. i have never had sex with any girl. i have a habbit of masturbation. i have noticed a little spot in the back of my penis. having some pain there. when its dry then its looks white but after coming in contact with moisture it becomes slight red. suggest me some medicine or cream?
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Mild fungal infection,take treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same.
I have seen the attached pictures .
You seem to have developed a patch of tinea which is basically a fungal infection of the area.
keep the affected area clean and dry . Apply a topical antifungal cream like clotrimazole over the affected area twice daily . You might a course of oral antifungal agents if the lesion tends to persist or increase.
Wear cotton undergarments so as to decrease sweating and prevent further infection.

Hope it helps

Dr Geetika Paul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Geetika Paul 20 hours later
thnx doctor. is there any side effect of the antifungal cream clotrimazole? i am bit afraid of applying any cream to my penis. sugges me some more anti flammatory or cleansing lotion?
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
No need to use cleansers

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

clotrimazole is a commonly used and very effective anti fungal agent for your problem .
You need not worry about its application,it is very safe to use and does not cause any skin irritation .
I usually do not advise my patients to use any cleansers over the genitals .
Just wash the affected area with lukewarm saline water twice daily and apply the medicine . The infection should heal in five to seven days.

Dr Geetika Paul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Geetika Paul

Dermatologist