• question-icon

Suggest remedy for itching sensation on testicles and inner thighs

Posted on Tue, 31 May 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: My boyfriend seems to always be itching his balls or his inner thighs which have now turned into a rash. This didnt start happening til about a couple months ago when he worked in a warehouse with no air conditioning. He said its just jock itch but I feel like that shouldnt last this long. He seems to more irritable after sex. Is this a simple case of jock itch or do him and I both need to take immediate medical assistance?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs supportive care and hygiene rehab

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Rash with itching on balls and inner thigh with recent history of less ventilated workload is likely a fungal infection and jock itch. The reason for this fungal infection staying longer than it should have is due to either inadequate treatment or poor hygiene and poor coital habits and hygiene. Tight undergarments, too much hair in groin, sweating underneath, prolonged wearing of the undergarments are some of the reason.

treatment is simple. Keep the groin hair free, apply some topical antifungal cream over it. Abstain from coitus for a while, wear loose undergarments prefer cotton, avodi sweating down there, add hydrocortisone to the antifungal creams down there. Adapt good coital and toilet habits and maintain a good hygiene.

Nutshell, no worries, slight care will get him through. I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and your boyfriend's and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan