Suggest remedy for itching sensation all over body

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Please help. I have almost constant itching in my arm pits, groin area, legs, under my breasts, back and crotch. I was treated for scabies but that has not helped. My dermatologist checked my body and looked at my blood work and could not find anything wrong.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Upload pictures, answer few questions

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
I need to ask you few questions:
Is the itching associated with any rash?
Which blood tests did you go for itching?
What is the duration of itching?
Kindly upload the photographs of the affected areas so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly.
Dr Asmeet

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 7 hours later
I don't have a rash, just a few red bumps, probably mostly caused by all the scratching.

I don't know specifically what blood tests were run but I believe the Dermatologist reviewed the results from blood tests taken for a routine physical.

I don't know how to upload pictures.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be dermatitis, upload pictures in report section

Detailed Answer:
If your blood tests were normal and you are not having scabies then according to your history it seems to be a case of dermatitis.
In such cases I recommend my patients to apply steroid cream like Clobetasol propionate cream diluted in a moisturising lotion in the ratio of 1:3 on the affected areas twice daily along with antihistaminic like tablet Chlorpheniramine 4 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching.
This is usually continued for 2 weeks to show response.
Steroidal creams are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Besides this you can upload your pictures under the report section of the HCM site.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar