Suggest remedy for itching in testicles area

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: I have itching in my tesicles area and in between my thigh area and skin will come by rubbing on it.

those uploaded reports are 2 years before
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Jock Itch

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
This is also called as Jock Itch, considering your age and the area you have mentioned.

The treatment is simple.
Clean the area and make it dry. Apply liquid povidone iodine, this will kill the other bacteria which can cause secondary infection due to the itching and skin pealing off.
And of course apply anti-fungal lotion or ointment or powder whichever is available over the counter. Twice daily.
Use loose underwear and pants.
Avoid the areas which make you sweat more.
Just on a safer side get the blood sugar checked.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 5 hours later
is the medicine name is liquid povidone iodine ? . i should ask just like that in medical shops. and also mention some anti fungal cream or powder name.

when should i apply povodine iodine liquid after bath ?
after applying povodine iodine gel i should clean that place with water?

how much % bottle should liquid iodine povodine solution

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
5 % Povidone iodine

Detailed Answer:
The content is Povidone Iodine 5 %. Yes, please ask this as there are many brands he is going to give the brand which available with him. Apply this the moment you are getting up from the bed. This liquid takes only 40 seconds to kill the bacteria. This will kill the bacteria which may harm die to itching scratches in the skin. Then you can have bath at your own time. Make the area dry and then apply anti-fungal in whatever form is available.
Repeat the same in the evening

Candid is a famous anti-fungal brand

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad