Suggest remedy for itching and swelling around the eye
Eczema seems to be the cause
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone through the attached images and indeed it seems to be due to eczema. In such a case I would prefer Zyrtec rather than Benadryl. Take it for a few more days. The lesion seems to be healing already. You may apply calamine lotion or aloe vera lotion topically for relief. I would not speak in favour of Kenalog and a 5 day course of Prednisolone for such a case.
Dr. Kunal Saha
Please do not self medicate
Thanks for writing back.
Edema can be associated with eczema.
If it were shingles or herpes, it would have been immensely painful. Furthermore, it would have had a typical distribution. In case it is painful, you may continue Valtrex, else you can discontinue it.
Please complete the course of Prednisolone. Had it been due to Herpes, prednisolone would have made it worse.
Overall, I am not quite satisfied with the line of treatment.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Eye swelling under left eye
- Pregnancy with swelling around eyes and itching
- Itching in eyes and eye power
- Suggest eye drops for eye irritation
- Swelling and puffiness around eyes remedy
- Why is there swelling and itching on my eyes
- Sore eyes itching slight swelling under eye advise
- Pink eye remedy eye drops
- Eye pain with swelling suggest treatment
- What is the remedy for swelling in upper eye lid