Suggest remedy for irregular periods while trying to conceive
Need proper investigation.
Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments:
1) Cycle must be regular with proper ovulation to get pregnant. Irregular or delayed period may be due to hormonal imbalance, weight change, anxiety or mental stress, Poly Cystic Ovary, irregular diet pattern, lack of sleep etc.
2) Some relevant investigations are required to carry out after clinical evaluation. These include Pelvic ultrasound scan (USG), Serum prolactin & Hb%, complete hormone profile - LH/ FSH, estrogen and progesterone level, thyroid profile etc. Husband semen analysis is also necessary.
3) In regular cycle (28-30 days), women can get pregnant through unprotected sex during ovulation time or fertile days (D12-D18). It should be continued for at least 6 months. Ovulation prediction kit can be used during this time.
4) Life style modification is another entity to regulate your period. Take LOW carbohydrate diet, do regular exercise or control body weight, avoid stress, maintain genital hygiene and take sound sleep.
Kindly, review with tests report for next level management of the case or you can consult with nearby gynecologist for the same.
Hope I have answered your query. Wish your good health and take care.
For future query, you can directly approach me through
Details are given below.
1) I suggest you to undergo above mentioned basic investigations to rule out underlying cause and confirm the diagnosis. It will help to give better choice of drug treatment and chance of pregnancy will be increased.
2) I prefer to give DUPHASTON tab 10 mg (from D16-D25 of each cycle) to regularize monthly period while you are trying to conceive if hormonal imbalance is the main problem. You must take Folic acid & Vitamin supplements along with daily diet.
Hope, it helps for your information. Good luck.
Regulates ovulation. Takes 6-12 months time.
Welcome back again.
1) If you DON'T have PCOD like problem (interferes with ovulation), then above medicine ALONE could be helpful to regulate your monthly cycle along with proper ovulation.
You must use ovulation prediction kit in the middle of each cycle to prepare for unprotected sex, close to your ovulation day or fertile days, which will increase your chance of pregnancy.
2) You should continue above medicine for 6 cycles at least along with Folic acid and Vitamin supplements. Most women become pregnant within 6-12 months of regular unprotected sex during their fertile days if cycle is regular.
Hope, I have answered your query. Wish your good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suffering from irregular periods trying to conceive suggestions
- Trying to conceive history of irregular periods chances of pregnancy
- Trying to conceive mild anaemia irregular periods suggestion
- Irregular periods trying to conceive spotting reason
- Irregular periods trying to conceive
- Trying to conceive irregular periods taking medicines for periods
- Irregular periods trying to conceive any suggestions
- Trying to conceive irregular periods post intake of trimolute-n suggestion
- Trying to conceive prescribed progesterone irregular periods
- Thyroid patient irregular periods trying to conceive suggestions
- Suggest treatment for termination of unwanted pregnancy
- What causes delay in periods?
- Is Amoxicillin safe to take during pregnancy?
- What causes heavy bleeding in post-menopausal period?
- Suggest safest ways to abort pregnancy
- Suggest ways to abort pregnancy
- Suggest ways to abort pregnancy
- Suggest treatment for Gestational Diabetes Mellitus
- What causes high triglycerides?
- How to confirm the rupture of hymen?