Suggest remedy for intestinal spasms
Colonoscopy should be done.
Thank you for the query.
There is no such thing your intestinal spasms caused by gas. You may be bloated from time to time and it can cause intestines reaction which try to excrete it. But this is a normal thing and not a disease you have to treat.
If you have abdominal pain felt like a spasm or cramps, there might be several reason of such problem including chronic bacterial infection, bad diet or even partial bowels obstruction.
At your age (over 50) intestinal problems should be checked with colonoscopy at first as the risk of colon cancer over 50 significantly rises.
In a meanwhile I suggest you to limit fatty foods, spicy foods, coffee. Start probiotic intake and fiber intake.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diagnosis of intestinal spasm
- Diagnosis of gastro intestinal spasm
- Symptoms of intestine muscle spasms
- Diagnosis of intestine muscle spasms
- Treatment and cure for intestinal spasm
- Symptoms of intestinal spasm
- Gastro intestinal spasm causes
- Intestinal spasm causes
- Intestine muscle spasms causes
- Suggest remedy for intestinal infection