Suggest remedy for intense pain in throat down through esophagus
A change of medication should suffice.
Thank you for your query.
1. In stead of omeprazole, get a prescription for rabeprazole 20 mg twice a day.
2. A prokinetic such as levosulpiride 25 mg or cinitapride 1 mg twice a day will help.
3. Mucaine Gel or Gaviscon should be taken twice or thrice a day.
4. Anti-spasmodic medication helps relieve the pain, but should be taken under strict medical supervision.
5. A short term anti-allergic medication should be taken in case the meal was the cause.
6. Besides the routine lifestyle changes, rule out h. pylori and hiatus hernia.
I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any more questions I will be available to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Throbbing pain down esophagus
- Throat problems esophagus
- Hard ball in throat esophagus
- Non painful swollen throat blocking esophagus
- Dull ache in esophagus and throat
- Throat stretching and esophagus damage
- Throat and esophagus pain after quitting tobacco
- Pill stuck in throat esophagus
- Pain down esophagus after swallowing hot foods
- Having pain down esophagus caused by chemical inhalation