Suggest remedy for insomnia

Dr. Chintan Solanki

Psychiatrist

Posted on Fri, 16 Oct 2015 in Sleep Disorders
Question: eat the tablet.but i can't get sleep properly. feeling always awaken. please guide
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Which tablet have you taken? Provide more information

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

You are likely suffering from insomnia. To help you further I would like know more from you.

- Which tablet did you take for sleep?

- Since when are you suffering from sleep problem?

- What are the sleep disturbances- initiation, fragmentation or early awakening?

- Do you have any stress in life?

- Do you have any physical illness?

I will be happy to help further after your response.

Dr.Chintan Solanki.

Follow up: Dr. Chintan Solanki 12 hours later
Eat vita x gold tablet
Problem since 2 days
No phisical illness
Hairloss problem. Worm ring problem
Yes some stress problem
Thanking you assuring good guide from your end
With regard
From: XXXXX

Brief Answer:
no major issue, try with Sleep Hygiene

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mr. XXXXX,

2 days sleep disturbance is not a major issue.

Insomnia (sleep disturbance) is of two types:

1. Primary: There is problem of only sleep disturbance and no other physical or psychological problem is there. In this case treatment for sleep problem is needed.

2. Secondary: There is some underlying physical or psychological problem which is responsible for sleep disturbance. In this main treatment is done for underlying problem.

First of all try to follow some measures called 'sleep hygiene' which would help in sleep. You can find the same in below link.

sleepfoundation.org/ask-the-expert/sleep-hygiene

Drinking a cup of warm milk before going to bed helps in 30-40% of patients and they do not need medicines as per my clinical experience.

Treatment of ring worm problem and counseling for stress are needed.

In any case if your problem persists Zolpidem can help but you need to consult doctor for prescription.