Suggest remedy for ingrown nail

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Thu, 15 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: MAY HAVE INGROWN FINGER NAIL ON MY THUMB HURTS TO TOUCH WHAT CAN I TAKE OR DO
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Unfortunately only 2 options left sir

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. I would also like to add that I too constantly used to experience an issue with ingrown fingernails in my great toes; until my wife started cutting them in a way to avoid them.

But the only 2 things you can possibly do right now are:

1. Get someone to cut the ingrown part of the nail, which if done at home is going to pain a lot

2. Visit a doctor, who with the help of instruments and local anaesthesia can remove the ingrown nail and make it completely painless as well

These are the only 2 options you have right now sir, one painful and without having the visit a doctor; and the other painless with the help of an experienced medical personnel.

I hope you find my response helpful and can get yourself rid of the pain at the earliest. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.

Best wishes.