Suggest remedy for inflamed and painful testicle

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Testicle Problems
Question: I woke up up this morning, and my right testical is inflamed and painful. Also i want to add that i lift a turf that weighed 500lbs. then this morning i ejaculated and was semin. please advise.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Detailed below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

If this pain were associated with lifting heavy object, scrotal hernia would be the most probable reason. In such case you should have enlarged lump close to the testis which. This lump should be more visible when standing and coughing and less visible when lying down.
Other possible reasons of your symptoms are testis inflammation or epididymis. Testis torsion should be ruled out if the pain is really strong.
I suggest you to do not wait with it and consult your doctor as soon as possible. Testis ultrasound should be done.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.