Suggest remedy for infected pimple on forehead

Dr. Nishad BN

Posted on Wed, 28 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: Hi, a few days ago, i got a small pimple on my forehead. I was treating it with my clean and clear spot treatment and i was washing my face. It seemed to be healing but it looked like it was forming a head, so my instant reaction was to pop it. It got really bad and the skin around it is really red and it's shiny. The pimple itself just got slightly bigger and red. It looks like a sensitive burn. I tried to peel off the skin on it but that was dumb to do cause its still really red and a little bump is still under there. I googled remedies but ice doesn't work and Neosporin doesn't seem to be reducing the redness at all. What can i do to get rid of it the fastest way possible?
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Gels containing benzoyl peroxide and aloe vera will be helpful.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM.

I have gone through your query and pictures. You can do hot fomentation locally. Using gels containing benzoyl peroxide and aloe vera will be helpful. If that is not helping then nadifloxacin ointment for local application can be used.

Hope this may help you. Let me know if anything not clear.
Thanks.
Follow up: Dr. Nishad BN 10 minutes later
what is hot fomentation and what do you mean by locally? and where can i find nadifloxacin ointment?
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hot fomentation is applying hot towel.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome again.

Thank you for your follow up.

Hot fomentation is applying hot towel. You can dip towel in hot water press water away and apply. Locally means on the affected area. Nadifloxacin cream you can get in pharmacy.

Thanks.