Suggest remedy for hydrosalpinx

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 4 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: Hi ! Dr. Tayal,
as per our previous discussions and you answered me back on 8th of September, here i'm sending all my reports from day one. can you please tell me something about Hydrosalpinx and if I have it what are the options for it? Doctors have suggested me if during my surgery they find Hydrosalpinx they will remove my Fallopian Tubes.do you suggest its the best way out . And if yes then what are my possibilities to fall pregnent through IVF ? please see the attached documents and you will find all the details in there. My frozen pelvic due to Sever Endometriosis, my ovaries and all the relevant doccuments. can you please suggest me should I get my Fallopian Tubes out as doc says if its Hydrosalpinx, it has to be removed otherwise it will be problematic in IVF as well. can you please suggest me the better way or is it only the way.Thank you .
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Surgery is necessary to remove adhesions.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
I have seen all your reports attached. You have a severely frozen pelvis. The chances of spontaneous conception without the surgical procedure is not possible. Your ovaries are healthy but since they are adhered to the uterus due to endometriosis, it needs to be separated.
In case hydrosalpinx is found, it is best to get the affected tube removed as it will not help in conception.
In case after the surgery there is any difficulty in conception then IVF is the only option for you. Your gynecologist has suggested you correctly. Do adhere to the treatment plan as suggested by her.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D