Suggest remedy for headaches, stomach cramps and scratchy throat

Question
I have had a bad headache,stomach cramps, naseau, scratchy throat and feel really off for 3 days. It's the strangest feeling . I'm not really fatigued I just feel off.
Posted Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in GERD

Answered by Dr. Rovena Murati 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It seems to be a viral infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

I read carefully your query and understand your concern.

The way you describe it seems to be a viral infection causing all these.
Usually these common viruses cause a self-limiting condition that don't need any specific treatment.

The symptoms may last up to 1-2 weeks.

-All you need is rest ,eating healthy mostly green vegetables and drinking plenty of fluids.
-You can take Ibuprofen or Tylenol for the headache.
-Drink tea with honey to help with your throat.
You will feel better day after day.

If your symptoms get worse (e.i fever,cough with sputum,severe sore throat etc) you need to consult a physician and get examined because a viral infection might be complicated by a secondary bacterial infection.
If your symptoms last too long then you consult a physician and get examined.

Hope it was off help.
Let me know if you have any further question or doubt to clarify.I will be happy to assist you further.

Wish you a quick and complete recovery.

Dr.Rovena Murati