Suggest remedy for headache post sun exposure

Dr. Neel Kudchadkar

Posted on Tue, 3 Nov 2015 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hi my spouse is having a headache since today afternoon. It is mostly because of staying out in the sun for 2-3. I have given her a disprin. What else can we do as a home remedy?
Answered by Dr. Neel Kudchadkar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take 1 ADVIL and try to sleep it off.

Detailed Answer:
Hi!

There is a vague probability that your spouse might have developed a headache by "staying out in the sun". Since you have not mentioned recurrence of headaches in the past, and there being different kinds of headaches; you have pointed out that this is a "one time/ one off" headache.

A headache requires an analgesic / pain killer.

I suggest that you visit the drug store right now, and purchase some ADVIL tablets. This is more powerful than Disprin. Make sure that her stomach is rather not empty and do not exceed more than 2 tablets a day. Taking 1 tablet only at a time.

Whereas, given the nature and the type of the headache, a "home remedy" would be either to apply menthol based balms to the forehead, for counter
irritation or to attempt to "sleep it off".

Have a nice day,
Dr. Neel Kudchadkar

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar