Suggest remedy for hard and painless bump at the base of penis

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 4 Jun 2016 in Lump
Question: I have a very small, hard, non itchy, non painful bump on the base of my penis. This started to appear around august of 2015. ( looked at past picturesand saw it aeemed tonappear then) but i did not notice it until november or december, which since then it has not changed in size and has not multiplied. I had not had unprotected sex for about 7 months before it appeared and prior to that i have known the sexual history of my partners or used condoms. When i first noticed it i picked it off and it did not have any puss. Only bled a little and healed fine. About a month and a half later it reappeared in the exact same spot. Additionally there appears to be a hair growing out of it which from what i have read can not happen with genital warts. Additionally i have tried the vinager test and it did not turn white. Unfortunately , i do not have health insurance yet but i was hoping for some guidence if its a genital wart, molleuscum contagiousum, skin tag, etc. thank you in advance for the help. I have attached pictures below.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Most probably a scar....

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query, an elucidate history and clear pictures.
To recapitulate: Male/29 - no unprotected sex for 7 months before noticed the lesion - small, *hard, non-itchy, non-painful lump on base of penis - Aug 2015 - not changed it size nor multiplied since Nov or Dec - you picked if off when you noticed , had blood and no pus - healed well and reappeared at the same spot after one and half months - hair - did not turn white on vinegar test - no health insurance -

My thoughts:
Read your history carefully and studied the picture provided by you.
Since the lesion disappeared after you picked it off and healed well only to reappear at the *same spot and its presentation as hard, non-itchy, non-painful bump and its classical presentation of Peau d'orange appearance, hair follicle at the border flushing with surround and all the character indicate that this is a hypertropied scar due to whatever you picked off.
This has no character of molluscum as has no central umbilicated appearance, unlikely to be wart as per the history and appearance.
Well an excision biopsy can be a XXXXXXX in many cases.
Additional information from the very clear pictures is:
The skin at the base looks thinned out in patches, indicating that the integrity/normalcy is not there and addition of multivitamins with Lycopene will help to have healthy skin and may help for your skin lesion.

As said earlier, the excision biopsy alone give the perfect diagnosis and occasionally can be a XXXXXXX meaning the diagnosis different than thought by the clinical history and evaluation and on-spot-diagnosis given by the picture.

You can keep this under observation, see a Dermatologist or a General Surgeon/Urologist if there are any changes that you see and get this operated by excision *biopsy meaning operated so that the sample can be sent for biopsy and you get the perfect diagnosis. This can be done even after you get insured.
Carry on the safe sexual practices, take multivitamins with Lycopene, Do not apply anything locally as the more you do, the more will be scarification.

I hope this answer helps you, please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.