Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

176 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest remedy for hair loss

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2366 Questions
Hi...I am 28yrs old female..I am going to be married in December...I am suffering from hair loss problem from last 10 months..I had concerned with lots of doctor and I had taken treatment also but I did not get any positive result.My partition on temple head become very wide because only few hairs are left...I feel vibrations and some creeping on my scalp...plz advise me...
Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that whatever treatment you are taking is right but one thing I will suggest is to get hormonal profile done specially serum free testosterone levels, since you say it affecting your part it could be androgenetic alopecia . Because if its due to hormonal imbalance it needs to be corrected .

Before you see any effect it will take 3-6 months as the life cycle of hair is that much . You can also try minoxidil 2% topically over your scalp , it is the recommend treatment and brings very good results .

Why are you taking levocetrizine and fluconazole , it must be due to some other reasons .

Take care.

Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest remedy for hair loss 12 hours later
Thankyou Doctor. I am applying ulttar CS lotion on my scalp in night only .which is prescribed by doctor to me for cleaning of scalp. In these days I have seen similar problem in lots of females. Doctor prescribed me for blood test,vitamin D3 test ,thyroid test.I had deficiency of vitamin D in my body,as per doctor per doctor perscription I am taking uprise 60k tablets once in a week from last two months . No body diagnosed my hair problem properly.why hair falling is not reducing? From where I can get minoxidil 2% and check hormonal profile serum free testosterone level? Please doctor help me out from this critical disease...
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 8 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Your treating doctor is treating you for fungal infection , that implies that you are having dandruff a lot . In that case the treatment should be same as your doctor has told but if its not fungal then hormonal imbalance is the primary cause .

Minoxidil 2% , you can get anywhere from the chemist shop but first determine the reason for hair fall . In my opinion see an endocrinologist for this problem as young girls today are affected by PCOS which can also present like this. Plus testosterone levels can be done from any standard lab , its a very common test .

Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist