Suggest remedy for hair loss

Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist

Posted on Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi...I am 28yrs old female..I am going to be married in December...I am suffering from hair loss problem from last 10 months..I had concerned with lots of doctor and I had taken treatment also but I did not get any positive result.My partition on temple head become very wide because only few hairs are left...I feel vibrations and some creeping on my scalp...plz advise me...
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that whatever treatment you are taking is right but one thing I will suggest is to get hormonal profile done specially serum free testosterone levels, since you say it affecting your part it could be androgenetic alopecia . Because if its due to hormonal imbalance it needs to be corrected .

Before you see any effect it will take 3-6 months as the life cycle of hair is that much . You can also try minoxidil 2% topically over your scalp , it is the recommend treatment and brings very good results .

Why are you taking levocetrizine and fluconazole , it must be due to some other reasons .

Dr. Shruti
Follow up: Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 12 hours later
Thankyou Doctor. I am applying ulttar CS lotion on my scalp in night only .which is prescribed by doctor to me for cleaning of scalp. In these days I have seen similar problem in lots of females. Doctor prescribed me for blood test,vitamin D3 test ,thyroid test.I had deficiency of vitamin D in my body,as per doctor per doctor perscription I am taking uprise 60k tablets once in a week from last two months . No body diagnosed my hair problem properly.why hair falling is not reducing? From where I can get minoxidil 2% and check hormonal profile serum free testosterone level? Please doctor help me out from this critical disease...
Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Your treating doctor is treating you for fungal infection , that implies that you are having dandruff a lot . In that case the treatment should be same as your doctor has told but if its not fungal then hormonal imbalance is the primary cause .

Minoxidil 2% , you can get anywhere from the chemist shop but first determine the reason for hair fall . In my opinion see an endocrinologist for this problem as young girls today are affected by PCOS which can also present like this. Plus testosterone levels can be done from any standard lab , its a very common test .

Dr. Shruti