Suggest remedy for growing lump on the ear
Pseudocyst of the (auricle) pinna / Caulifower Ear.
Thank you for your query.
1. An image would be helpful. From your description, this seems to be a Pseudocyst of the auricle (pinna) which enlarges to give an appearance of a Cauliflower Ear.
2. This usually follows a minor trauma to the external ear (auricle/pinna) especially during contact sports such as wrestling, martial arts, boxing and so on.
3. Treatment is drainage of the fluid or blood collected between the skin and cartilage with a drain and pressure bandage/ button for a 2-3 weeks. Sometimes further surgery may be done for recurrent pseudocysts.
4. Treatment is for cosmetic reasons to prevent further increase and deformity. This is benign condition and does not require urgent treatment.
I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any more questions I will be available to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Fast growing lump on ear
- Ear and toothace and lump behind ear
- Lump behind the ear itchy bleeding any suggestion
- Lumps on the back of both ears in infant suggestion
- Lump in ear folded ears will this grow out surgery
- Small lump below the right ear not painful suggestion
- Have a growing lump outside the ear
- Remedy for lump in ear
- Fast growing lump behind ear meth
- Greenish lump in ear painless growing no fever