• question-icon

Suggest remedy for gas in urinary bladder

Posted on Wed, 2 Dec 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: My Mom is 72 years old. She's had quiet a few UTI's in the last year or so. She now feels exhausted all the time and she says she feels air bubbles, similar to gas but coming out of her urethra area!! Is there some solution for this or cure and also what is it called?! Help!!!
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Gas in bladder

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns

you mother 72 years old is having repeat bladder infections and just recently discovered gas bubbles coming from her urethra. This could be a sign of a fistula coming from her rectum and entering her bladder. I recommend that she be seen by her medical provider and get her bladder checked for other causes of infections. If she is having a fistula from bladder to the vagina or to the rectum this is potentially life threatening due to infection and sepsis. Please get in touch with her doctor and be seen as soon as possible

I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any additional questions
Dr. Ronald Schubert