• question-icon

Suggest remedy for fussy eating habits in children

Posted on Mon, 30 May 2016 in Child Health
Question: My son is almost 13 weeks old. From last 2 days, he is not eating properly. We use to give him daal, khichdi, cerelac, egg yolk, chicken soup, XXXXXXX milk etc. But from past 2 days, he is not interested in eating any of the foods I mentioned. He is only taking small quantity of XXXXXXX milk, or rusk and biscuits (parle-g or krackjack). His urine and stool also seems fine. He is also not that active which he was 2 days back. His teeth has also started coming about 20 days back, and 4 teeth are coming together. Can you please advise if my son's condition is a matter of concern, or how can we improve his eating, and if there is any digestive tonic that we can try?

Thanks,
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Archana Verma 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Use bonnisan drops, crocin or ibugesic if needed

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I understand your concerns but don't worry. Babies often avoid foods at the time of teething process due to gum sensitivity. It's a temporary phase and doesn't need any medical treatment. Hopefully he will improve in a few days.

In the meantime, ensure good nutrition by offering semi solids and soft preparations. Curd, idli, soups, porridge, juices, buttermilk, paneer, ragi etc. along with the preparations you are giving can be tried.

In case the child seems too cranky then give syrup Crocin or ibugesic for relief from pain. You may also give syrup bonnisan for improved digestion.

Hopefully it will be of help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Archana Verma

Pediatrician