Suggest remedy for frequent urination
Over the last two days I have been urinating every 2 hours on average during the day and waking up in the night to go at least 3 or 4 times where I usually don't wake to urinate at all. I have maybe slightly discomfort in my bladder but no pain with urinating or burning. No fever. Two urine test strips snow no signs of infection. I have not increased my water intake at all. The urination feels like a small quantity as in not the usual volume I go when my bladder is full so it is not like I am urinsting large volume.
Could you please advise me what could possibly cause this?
Here are some causes of frequent urination:
I am sorry you are having this problem. It sounds like this came on quite abruptly 2 days ago with no urinary symptoms prior to this?
Sometimes there can be some sort of irritation that can cause increased urination, but there are usually other urinary symptoms such as burning. However a mild noninfectious cystitis is possible. Or a low grade infection.
Some foods and drinks can cause increased urination such as caffeine sodas, tea, coffee, alcohol, and many herbs can do this. But it sounds like you think the overall urine output volume is not increased.
Urinary stones can cause frequency, but usually there is pain (but not always).
Pressure on the bladder from the uterus can cause frequency - in pregnancy and sometime fibroids or other reasons that make the uterine weight on the bladder heavier.
Certain endocrine problems can cause urinary frequency without increased overall urine production - in particular, hyperthyroidism (see the following article: http://www.yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy/PMC0000/) Untreated diabetes causes large output of dilute urine, but that doesn't sound like it is the case for you.
So what to do? Even though two test strips came out negative for bacterial infection, I would suggest the following, in this order:
Go to your doctor or a clinic and get:
1. a full urinalysis
2. then see the doctor who may consider doing a bimanual (pelvic) exam
It's important to give the urine specimen first so that it isn't contaminated with vaginal secretions or lubricant.
3. if urinalysis shows mild possible infection, the urine be sent to the lab for culture. In this scenario, consider downing a lot of cranberry juice or cranberry powder capsules.
4. if no signs of infection whatsoever, discuss with your doctor the other possible causes I described above.
I hope this information helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Having frequent urination and acidity problem suggest some remedy
- What is the remedy for painful bleeding with frequent urination
- Frequent urination with burning sensationbruti any home remedy
- Remedy for frequent urination at night only
- Suggest medication for frequent urination
- Can you suggest any remedy for frequent urine infection
- Suggest treatment for frequent urination
- Home remedy for frequent urination in a 3 year child
- Suggest treatment for burning and frequent urination
- Suffering from frequent urination suggest
- Suggest treatment for chronic hip/pelvic pain
- What causes coughing, sneezing, headaches and watery eyes?
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drainage and runny nose
- What causes foul body odor and overactive bladder while taking Trospium?
- What causes pain near the navel area?
- What causes joints pain with welts and teeth problems?
- Suggest remedy for drainage at back of throat and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatment for pain under the clavicle
- Suggest medication for ADHD
- Suggest medication for bloating in a person with history of colitis